Saturday, November 19, 2005

That Dog Ain't Gonna Hunt

Title for Mel and Maria. :) Actually, one of my best friends is really fond of that expression, which is one of the stranger southernisms in our collective cultural consciousness as southern folk. So to fall into more gently bred phrasing: what, mayhap, shant be hunting? My husband's latest description of one of my favorite electronic devices. Today in the car, as I wanted to hear a particular southern rock tune he informed me: "You're the one with the redneck iPod--I'm sure it's on yours!" :)

The redneck iPod. I had to laugh at that one...
Deidre

10 comments:

Mel Francis said...

ROFLMAO!

I'm crying I'm laughing so hard!

THAT DAWG DON'T HUNT.

Where's a rhinestone studded poodle when you need one?

Hugs.
-Mel

MariaGeraci said...

LOL! That dog lives in Madison, Florida...and Madison, Alabama and Madison, Georgia, etc...

Redneck IPod. I love it!

Mel Francis said...

so, were you by chance searching for a Lynard Skynard song?

Renee Luke said...

Redneck IPod...tsk. Tell your husband you may have a redneck IPod, but you can still shake your thang to Byonce. I've seen ya*wink*

Robin Caroll said...

Redneck Ipod? ROFLOL! I'll have to remember that one!

Cindy Procter-King said...

Don't ask me why, but I read that phrase as, "That dog ain't gonna hurt," and I was wondering, "Where the heck is she gonna PUT the dog?

Cindy

Jana J. Hanson said...

Another of those wonderful Southern phrases -- gotta love the colloquial South!!

I'm particularly fond of "You shittin' me?" Even used it onct or twict....

pamela harty said...

OK....as her sister, I do need to defend her redneck IPod. It rocks as does Deidre. And Mel, I do believe the song in question just might be a Skynard tune!

Anonymous said...

D. your iPod isn't redneck until it has songs like, SHE THINKS MY TRACTORS SEXY, and THERE'S A TEAR IN MY BEER!!!

We can work on this for you after work one day!!!!

Samantha

Anonymous said...

Your iPod is not redneck until you have SHE THINKS MY TRACTORS SEXY, and THERE'S A TEAR IN MY BEER!!!

We can work on this one day after work!!!!!

Samantha